Quarterly Newsletter - District 3 - January 2018
District 3 Winter Newsletter
Dear District 3 Private Applicators,
The MSU Extension Pesticide Education Program (MSU PEP) hopes you had a great holiday season! We want to remind District 3 private applicators that you have until 12/31/2020 to obtain six pesticide recertification credits. You are in the third year of the private applicator certification cycle for District 3. Keep an eye out for local events in your area and stay in contact with your local Extension Agent.
If you or someone you know needs to obtain a pesticide license there are several Initial Private Applicator Training Programs being held across the state this spring. Veteran private applicators may also attend as a refresher course and to obtain six private applicator recertification credits. Please visit our Initial Private Applicator Training page for dates, details and registration options.
Looking up License Information and Credits
Private Applicators can check their current credits and lookup their license number by contacting their Extension Agent or by using the MDA Pesticide License Search. Enter in your license number or last name and click search. Next to your name click “Private Applicator” under program type. This page will show how many credits you have acquired, and how many more credits you need before the end of the recertification cycle.
Featured Event - 2018 Golden Triangle Cropping Seminar
- 1/8/2018 - Fort Benton, Stanford, Havre
- 1/9/2018 - Shelby, Chester
- 1/10/2018 - Cut Bank, Conrad
- 1/11/2018 - Choteau, Great Falls
Upcoming Events in Private Applicator District 3 (Northcentral Montana)
The following list of private applicator events are hosted by various organizations in your district. Please use the provided contact information for each event to register and obtain more information. This list is not comprehensive and only represents a few currently approved courses. Courses are added as they are sent to the MDA for approval. Use the MDA Course Locator to search for more events.
- 1/8/2018, Great Falls, Montana Weed Control Association 2018 Annual Conference, 406-775-6278 (6 credits)
- 1/9/2018, Turner, Turner Grower Meeting, 406-654-7490 (2 credits)
- 1/9/2018, Chinook, Chinook Grower Meeting, 406-390-5143 (2 credits)
- 1/24/208, Fort Benton, Prarie Dog Management and Grazing Workshop, 406-622-3751 (1 credit)
- 1/24/2018, Big Sandy, Prarie Dog Management and Grazing Workshop, 406-622-3751 (1 credit)
- 1/27/2018, Shelby, Technology in Farming and Insurance, 406-873-2239 (1 credit)
- 1/27/2018, Shelby, Montana Crop Production Basics, 406-873-2239 (1 credit)
- 1/27/2018, Shelby, Pulse Crop Diseases, 406-873-2239
- 3/6/2018, Harlem, Initial Private Applicator Training, 406-994-5178 (6 credits)
Recent Publications and News Updates
IPM Bulletin: 2017 Fall IPM Bulletin
Meet the New Hill and Blaine County Extension Agents
Shylea Wingard is the new Hill County Extension Ag Agent and PAT Coordinator. Contact her at email@example.com or (406) 265-5481 ext. 233.
B.J. O’Doherty is the new Blaine County Extension Ag Agent and PAT Coordinator. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 357-3200.