Pesticide News - October 28th, 2019
Last Chance Private Applicator Credit Opportunities Offered in Southwestern Montana and End of Cycle Instructions
Cecil Tharp, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Program
Montana private applicators in private applicator training (PAT) District 2 need six private applicator credits prior to the January 1st, 2020 deadline to avoid losing their private applicator pesticide certification. This includes private applicators in Granite, Powell, Lewis & Clark, Silver Bow, Beaverhead, Madison, Jefferson, Broadwater, Deer Lodge, Gallatin, Meagher and Park counties (Fig. 1). Applicators can view their credit information at mtplants.mt.gov by selecting ‘pesticide programs’ and ‘pesticide license search’ by entering their license number. The Montana State University Pesticide Education Program (PEP) would like to announce multiple last chance private applicator credit opportunities for applicators in need of credits within PAT District 2. Online or on-site trainings in Helena, White Sulphur Springs, and Townsend can aid PAT District 2 private applicators in attaining six credits prior to the January 1st deadline.
PAT Dates and Locations
- November 13th. Helena, MT. 1 – 4 private applicator credits. Recertification Training. MACO, 2715 Skyway Drive. For more information and pre-registration contact Jolene Hendrix at (406-444-3732; firstname.lastname@example.org) or view agenda online. Applicators may attend the AM session for 1 private credit; PM session for 3 credits; both sessions for 4 private applicator credits.
- November 26th. White Sulphur Springs, MT. Credits Pending: Potentially 2 private credits. Pocket Gopher & Venteneta: A New Noxious Grass Invasion to Meagher County. Senior Center. For more information and pre-registration contact Bob Sager at (406-547-3042; email@example.com).
- December 17th. Townsend, MT. 3 - 6 private applicator credits. Pest Management Tour. Broadwater County Fairgrounds, 4-H Building, 189 US Hwy 12 E. For more information and preregistration contact Allison Kosto at (406-266-9242; firstname.lastname@example.org) or view agenda online. Applicators may attend the AM session for 3 credits; PM session for 3 credits; both sessions for 6 private applicator credits. $15 fee includes lunch.
- December 17th. Helena, MT. 3 – 6 private applicator credits. Pest Management Tour. Jorgenson’s Inn and Suites, 1720 11th Avenue. For more information and pre-registration contact Amy Bowser (406994-5178; email@example.com) or view agenda and register online. Applicators may attend the AM session for 3 credits; PM session for 3 credits; both sessions for 6 private applicator credits. No fee. Lunch on your own.
- Online Credits. Private applicators can accumulate up to six private applicator credits through the online process. Online exams are available by following the instructions under ‘online programs’ and following the link provided to search multiple online opportunities.
End of Cycle Instructions
Each private applicator in District 2 should receive a Montana Department of Agriculture (MDA) license renewal letter around mid-November. Applicators not receiving renewal letters by December 1st, 2019 should contact their county extension office PAT coordinator or MDA licensing, Tari Nyland (Tari.Nyland@mt.gov; 406-444-4900). Applicators accumulating six or more private applicator credits should sign the renewal letter and send back to MDA with a $60 fee.
For Further Information
Contact your county MSU Extension agent for more information regarding last chance programs in your area, or to check your private applicator credits. View future programs online with Meeting Search. For any other Pesticide Education question contact Cecil Tharp, Pesticide Education Specialist, at the MSU Pesticide Safety Education Program office (406-994-5067, firstname.lastname@example.org).