Pesticide Education Webinar Series
The Pesticide Education Webinar Series offers one-hour presentations on pesticide and pest management related topics for applicators across the state of Montana. Each webinar is worth one private applicator credit and is free to attend. You can sign up for all webinars at the link below.
MSU Extension uses the web conferencing software WebEx for webinars. You are required to view the screen, listen to the audio, and have the ability to type into the chat box. You will need the following to attend a WebEx based webinar:
- Internet or cell service;
- Computer and speakers (recommended), phone or tablet with the WebEx Meeting app downloaded.
How do I receive credits for attending a webinar?
In order to attend one of the webinars below for credits you will need to register in advance using the link provided. Please include your pesticide license number. Login a few minutes early to the webinar. The host will ask you to provide your full name and pesticide license number in the chat box at the beginning and end of the event. You will also be asked to provide your name or answer a question during the event. You must be present for all attendance checks in order to receive credits.
Webinar Series Presentations
September: Maintenance, Cleaning and Storage of Sprayers
- Date and Time: September 22, 6:00 - 7:00 PM
- Speaker: Dr. Cecil Tharp, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Specialist
- Description: Proper storage and cleaning techniques can add years to the life of spraying equipment. Dr. Cecil Tharp will discuss tips for preparing pesticide application equipment to be stored for winter including cleaning techniques and products, routine maintenance and how to properly store pesticide application equipment.
October: Herbicide Resistant Weeds and IPM in Crops
- Date and Time: October 20, 12:00 - 1:00 PM
- Speaker: Dr. Tim Seipel, MSU Extension Cropland Weeds Specialist
- Description: Herbicide resistance in cropland weeds is a growing issue for Montana farmers leading to reduced ability to control weeds and increased costs. Dr. Tim Seipel will discuss the current herbicide resistant weeds in Montana croplands and alternative control measures to keep these populations from spreading. Additionally, he will discuss how to reduce the incidence of herbicide resistance when using chemicals to control weeds.
November: Managing Mice In and Around Structures
- Date and Time: November 17, 9:00 - 10:00 AM
- Speaker: Stephen Vantassel, MDA Vertebrate Pest Specialist
Description: Mice frequently infest structures where they damage property, consume food, and threaten human health. Stephen Vantassel will discuss the biology of mice, the damage they cause and will provide advice for how to control mice and protect people from associated diseases.
December: Rangeland Weed ID and IPM
- Date and Time: December 15, 12:00 - 1:00 PM
- Speaker: Dr. Jane Mangold, MSU Extension Rangeland Weed Specialist
- Description: Dr. Jane Mangold will discuss weed identification and control of the most common weeds in rangeland. She will cover prevention of weed seed spread and multiple management options including chemical, biological, and mechanical routes of control.
For More Information
For questions regarding these webinars please contact Amy Bowser at (406) 994-5178 or firstname.lastname@example.org.