Wheatland County Initial Private Applicator Training
Program # 21-02
Date: March 24, 2021
Location: Harlowton City Library, 13 Central Ave S., Harlowton, MT 59036
Time: 8:10 am to 5:30 pm
Registration: RSVP by March 22, 2021 to Mandie Reed at (406) 632-4728 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Fee: A $20 registration fee is required and includes class materials. Lunch will be provided.
License Fee:There will be a separate fee required to obtain a license. If you live in District 5 the fee is $24. For more information visit our Private Applicator Training page.
- 8:10 am: Welcome
- 8:15 am to 8:45 am: Private Pesticide License, Jennifer Solf, MSU Extension Musselshell Golden Valley County Agent
- 8:45 am to 9:15 am: Reading the Pesticide Product Label: Kelsey Miller Wheatland County Weed Coordinator
- 9:15 an to 10:15 am: Integrated Pest Management, Mandie Reed, MSU Extension Wheatland County Agent
- 10:15 am: Break
- 10:30 am to 12:00 pm: Pesticide Safety and Toxicity, Amy Bowser, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Technician
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: Lunch provided
- 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm: Pesticide Laws, Theresa Schrum, MDA District 2 Officer (via recording)
- 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Pesticides in the Environment, Mat Walter, MSU Extension Lewis and Clark County Agent
- 3:00 pm: Break
- 3:15 pm to 4:45 pm: Calibration of Sprayers, Cecil Tharp, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Specialist
- 4:45 pm to 5:30 pm: Review and Exam, Mandie Reed, MSU Extension Wheatland County Agent
- 5:30 pm: Licensing and Wrap Up
Credits will be awarded for the full day. You must attend the entire day to receive credits, with the exception of the ungraded exam. Please bring your pesticide license with you to the event and remember to sign in on the sign in sheet.
- 10 - Dealer (6)
- 39 - Demonstration and Research Pest Control (6)
- 60 - Private Agricultural Pest Control (6)