District 4 Initial Private Applicator Training
Program # 21-01
Date: February 26, 2021
Location: Sheridan County Civic Center, 4262 MT Hwy 16, Plentywood, MT 59254
Time: 7:30 am to 5:00 pm
Registration: RSVP by February 19, 2021 to Colleen Buck at (406) 765-3406 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Fee: A $10 registration fee is required at the door and includes class materials. Lunch will be on your own.
License Fee:There will be a separate fee required to obtain a license. If you live in District 4 the fee is $12. For more information visit our Private Applicator Training page.
- 7:30 am - 7:45 am: Registration
- 7:45 am - 8:15 am: Private Applicator License, Inga Hawbaker, MSU Extension PAT Coordinator (Daniels County)
- 8:15 am to 8:30 am: Tribal License, Wendy Becker, MSU Extension PAT Coordinator (Fort Peck Reservation)
- 8:30 am to 9:20 am: Labels and Record Keeping, Colleen Buck, MSU Extension PAT Coordinator (Sheridan County)
- 9:20 am to 9:30 am: Break
- 9:30 am to 10:30 am: Calibration of Pesticide Spray Equipment, Cecil Tharp, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Specialist
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: Lunch on your own
- 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm: Pesticide Safety and PPE, MSU Extension PAT Coordinators
- 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm: Pesticide Laws and Regulations, Diana DeYoung, Montana Department of Agriculture
- 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm: Environmental Fate, Shelley Mills, MSU Extension PAT Coordinator (Valley County)
- 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm: Review and Exam, Colleen Buck, MSU Extension PAT Coordinator (Sheridan County)
- 5:00 pm: Adjourn
Pesticide Education Credits
Credits will be awarded for the AM Session and the PM Session. You must attend the entire session to receive credits. Please bring your pesticide license with you to the event and remember to sign in on the sign in sheet.
10 - Dealer (AM = 3, PM = 3)
30 - Agricultural Plant Pest Control (AM = 3, PM = 3)
33 - Forest Pest Control (AM = 3, PM = 3)
34 - Ornamental and Turf Pest Control (AM = 3, PM = 3)
37 - Right of Way Pest Control (AM = 3, PM = 3)
38 - Public Health Pest Control (AM = 3, PM = 3)
39 - Demonstration & Research Pest Control(AM = 3, PM = 3)
44 - Special Utility (AM = 3, PM = 3)
50 - Mosquito Abatement (AM = 3, PM = 3)
55 - Regulatory Weed (AM = 3, PM = 3)
60 - Private Agricultural Pest Control (AM = 3, PM = 3)